Audacity is a word that is most usually used with negative a connotation. We use it to describe someone being rude or condescending. Audacity is sometimes called arrogance by others. And, I will say it can indeed be arrogance when someone is self-inflated and full of themselves. But, if someone has a healthy self-confidence in whom they are and their abilities or gifts, I wouldn’t call that arrogance. When God had finished creating the heavens, the earth and man, he said “it was very good” (Genesis 1:31). If our Father can look at his workmanship and say that he did a very good job, why can we not look our gifts and abilities and say that “it is very good”. God the Father shows us that it’s okay to have a healthy self-esteem.
That being said, I’d like to suggest that having audacity doesn’t always have to be seen as negative. One of the definitions of audacity is to be bold or daring. With that in mind, you must have audacity to possess the success that’s in your heart. When I look at God the Father, he had the audacity to take nothing, call it something and it was! I don’t know about you, but I would call that extremely audacious! From the day that his words called something into nothing until this very moment, his audacious words are still in effect. The heavens, the earth and man are still in existence. Why? Because he is audacious enough to say that his word will NEVER return to him void.
In Isaiah 55:10-11 he says:
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
What does this have to do with you?
If you are in Christ, this same audacious power lives within you as it says in Ephesians 3:20. Stop listening to people who don’t encourage you. Stop allowing what people say about you deter you from being who God has called you to be because they are jealous. Walk in all that which God has called you. Start looking forward and focus on your purpose and not on people.
- YES, you have the audacity to stand up for yourself. Meekness doesn’t mean weakness.
- YES, you have the audacity to go back to school to get the degree despite your circumstances.
- YES, you have the audacity to apply for the promotion.
- YES, you have the audacity to live a godly life despite people around you who are not.
- YES, you have the audacity to show the love of Christ to people who don’t deserve it.
- YES, you have the audacity to start your own business.
- YES, you have the audacity to start your own ministry.
- YES, you have the audacity to desire to work towards buying a home even though you can’t afford it now.
- YES, you have the audacity to speak into your own life because you know that life and death is in the power of the tongue.
- YES, you have the audacity to trust God even when it looks crazy to you and to others.
What will you have the audacity to say, to do or to accomplish?
Be Audacious – Be Bold and Be Blessed
*scripture references from www.biblegateway.com