The end of the year can be a little stressful with back to back holidays and trying to get so much done in a short period of time. I found that I’d gotten off track spiritually with the things that were truly important.
As we start the year, I’ve decided that I really need to re-center myself and better prioritize.
My church does several things at the beginning of the year to help jump start the year. One of those things is the Daniel fast. And, to be perfectly honest I’ve never participated.
But this year I feel so out of whack, I think it’s necessary in order to get my mind, my body and my spirit back on track. Plus, I feel I need to detox my body from eating so healthy the past few weeks.
So, I’ve started trying to see which foods I can eat and which foods I can’t eat. I do better when I have a plan especially with a restrictive diet.
What about you? What will you do to re-center yourself?
Here are a few suggestions (most of which I will be doing):
- Fasting – Before you get bent out of shape, fasting doesn’t have to be a complete fast from food. However, if it is from food, it can be whatever foods you need to stop eating. In addition, it can be only for certain times of the day or even certain days during the week. Fasting can be from other things like social media, T.V. shows, texting or talking on the phone except for business or work.
- Prayer – Spend more time in prayer. Studies have shown that prayer reduces stress and actually puts your body in a calm state. In addition, it’s good for your mood, your thoughts and your spirit.
- Meditation – If prayer is not your thing, then consider meditating. Meditating is just a quiet time where you decompress, clear your mind and just relax. Some people even find soothing music to help them to get into a meditative state.
- Exercise – Find some time to exercise. You don’t have to go out and spend thousands of dollars at a gym. Nor, do you have to spend hours of your time unless you want to 😊. Walk really does help. Walk around the block or even your house. Just get up and move.
- Healthy Diet – Change your diet if it’s needed. I can’t say enough about having a mostly healthy diet. I say mostly because we can’t stop eating everything. It’s fine to have a cookie every now and again. Having a healthy diet just makes us feel better. We sleep better. We perform in our lives better.
This isn’t an exhaustive list of course. But perhaps this short list has got you thinking about some things you can do to get re-centered.
Re-center Yourself and Be Blessed